What kinds of games are available?
Dragonflight features games for everyone, from young kids to experienced gamers.
- Board games / Card Games
- Role-playing (RPG)
- Miniatures games
- LARP (live action role-playing)
Do I need to pre-register for games I want to play?
Not necessarily. There are two ways to play games at Dragonflight:
Scheduled Games are hosted by attendees like you. This is perfect for learning new games and meeting other players in our community! You can register for these games in advance, or sign up on the day of the event.
Online signup closes a few days before con to allow for site coordination. You’ll be able to sign up for games in person on the day of the event.
Dragonflight’s Game Library has hundreds of games ready to be checked out during the event. This is perfect for enjoying games with a group of your choosing! You can check these out during the convention in the Lobby.
The Game Library is open during registration desk hours. All games must be returned during registration desk hours.
* Note: Not all 900 games can be brought to Con due to the effort of transportation. if there’s a specific game you’d like to play, please reach out to ConventionDirector@Dragonflight.org.
FAQ for Game Registration
Gaming Etiquette at Con
Hundreds of people are showing up to play games as a community. Please respect other players!
Some good rules of thumb:
- Be on time for games that you sign up for.
- Do not sign up for multiple games in the same time slot.
- Do not leave games early. If you must leave, please coordinate this with the game host as early as possible, to minimize disruptions. During sign up, you can see how long each game is estimated to take.
- Do not eat or drink while playing games.
- If you can’t attend a game that you had signed up for, cross out your name on the sheet to allow another player to take that slot.
- If you signed up for a game and changed your mind, please remove your signup on Tabletop.Events.
How many games can I register for?
As many as you’d like! So long as there’s space to sign up, you are welcome to attend. There’s no limit to how many games you can register for.
Can I sign up for games at the event or do I need to preregister?
You can sign up for games in advance or on the day. Most games have a limited number of players, so spaces may fill up in advance. Each table will have a waiting list available in case pre-registered players do not show up.
How do I sign up for games before the Con?
How do I sign up for games during the Con?
Locate the Game Sign Up area in the First Floor Lobby and find the paper sign up sheet for the game you would like to play. Sign up on one of the blank lines. If it’s full, and shows “alternates” or a “wait list”, you can put your name there. This way, if someone doesn’t show up, you can get in (in order of the wait list).
When are games available for registration on the Tabletop.Events schedule?
Games are listed in Tabletop.Events as game hosts submit them to our team. Additional games are added daily.
Where can I find a list of games I’ve already registered for?
In Tabletop.Events, in the Attend dropdown, select My Schedule.
How do I withdraw from a game?
In Tabletop.Events you can see all individual games you’ve registered for. From that page, you can remove games you no longer intend to attend.
If you do not intend to attend an event, please withdraw from registration. This opens up space for other people who would like to attend.
Look here for more information on how to withdraw.
How do I check out a game from the Game Library?
Go to the Game Library in the Lobby and select the game you’d like to check out. A volunteer will collect a driver’s license or government-issued ID from you to hold until you return the game. Your badge covers full use of the library without any additional cost.
Hosting Games at Dragonflight
If you’d like to Host a Game, we have a full page dedicated to hosting games.