October 28th Edit: Due to the reinstatement of the State of Washington’s mask mandate all individuals, regardless of vaccination status must wear a mask while in most public indoor settings. This policy is in effect for the hotel where Dragonflight is being held as of Monday, October 25th. This order supersedes the previous policy published by Dragonflight shown below.
First we would like to thank you for your patience while our staff has taken the time to discuss our policies and procedures for our upcoming convention. In addition we would like to thank all those who sent us emails to express their concerns. Based on that feedback and the current guidelines provided by the state and the hotel we will be instituting the following policies for Dragonflight.
-In order to provide the safest environment for our attendees and staff we are requiring that all attendees be fully vaccinated. By doing so we remove the need to follow the current COVID-19 requirements regarding social distancing. Fully vaccinated attendees are encouraged but not required to wear masks while attending the convention.
* Definition of fully vaccinated: Event attendees vaccinated against COVID-19 by a two-dose mRNA vaccine (such as Moderna and Pfizer), or a single dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson), are considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after the final dose of vaccine (the second dose for a two-dose regimen, or the single dose for a single-dose regimen).
-Proof of vaccination status must be presented to Dragonflight registration staff in order to pick up your convention badge.
* The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination: Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered) OR a photo of a vaccination card as a separate document OR a photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device OR documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider electronic health record or state Immunization Information System record. Self-reported vaccination records that are not verified by a health care provider cannot be accepted.
– Children ages 2 to 11 who do are not currently eligible for the vaccine who can provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the start of the convention are permitted to attend.
-Children under the age of 2 do not need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test when they are accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult.
-Adults who have a health condition that prevents them from being able to safely receive the COVID-19 vaccine may attend Dragonflight so long as they provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the start of the convention.
-Even with proof of a negative COVID-19 test all unvaccinated attendees must wear masks while attending the convention.
* The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 test result: printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) OR an email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory. The information provided should include name of person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative test result (for PCR test, date of negative result must be within prior 72 hours; for antigen test, date of negative result must be within prior 24 hours). Self-reported negative test results that are not from a test provider, a laboratory, or a health care provider cannot be accepted.
– Any individual who is symptomatic, even if fully vaccinated, will not be allowed to attend the convention.
-Before receiving their convention badge all attendees must have their temperature checked and will be required to sign a health attestation form as well as a COVID-19 Disclosure and Release Form. These documents are still being formulated but will be available prior to the event for review by attendees.
Please be aware that some of these requirements may change as we get closer to the convention. This information is being sent via email to all attendees in our database and will be posted on our Facebook page as well as our website. If you have any questions please feel free to message us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.